Be Balanced By the Sea
Meditation, Art, Yoga, Transformation
"We can give more fully to others when we ourselves are full."
Are you ready to come out of autopilot and begin intentionally living a more balanced, meaningful and joyful life?
Join Jen Rodrigues, Certified Coach, Meditation, Mindfulness and Yoga Teacher, at Mercy By The Sea, in Madison, CT, Friday, June 26- Sunday, June 28. Escape to the quiet simplicity of connecting to your inner wisdom, peace, joy and creativity.
Tools to recharge and refill your cup so that you can have enough energy to whole-heartedly give to all that is most important to you.
Practices that help you to feel calmer and more grounded so that you can show up as your best self for the people that you love.
Techniques to help you to feel more ease during challenging times so that you can stay more focused, grow and continue to move towards your dreams.
A plan to help you carve out the space you need to take care of your health and to cultivate peace, creativity, and joy.
As you step out of the car breathe in the salt air and feel ease set in. Mercy By The Sea is a welcoming retreat center located in Madison CT and set on the shore of Long Island Sound.
Take in the simplicity and peaceful beauty of the compassionately cared for grounds. Pause a moment to sit on a bench that rests atop the fence lined lawn overlooking the ocean.
Venture over to Seascape, the private residence donated to Mercy by the Sea by actress Marlo Thomas and talk show host, Phil Donohue. Seascape has 8 bedrooms, many with balconies overlooking the ocean.
The Great Room with floor to ceiling windows overlooks Long Island Sound and is the perfect place to enjoy your morning/evening meditations and afternoon yoga. At Seascape you will experience an intimate, warm and cozy space perfect for your peaceful and relaxing retreat experience. Enjoy quaint conversation niches and plenty of lovely sunlit spaces for creating art.
Mercy by the Sea believes in serving food that feeds the soul. Simple healthy meals are prepared using local and organic produce as much as possible. During warm weather, the garden yields tomatoes, herbs, snow peas, kale, lettuce and much more! Both hot and Continental breakfasts are served, and lunches always include a salad bar consisting of seasonal greens, nuts, seeds, veggies, and house-made dressings.
There are also various combinations of soups, sandwiches and lunchtime entrees with cookies and fruit as dessert options. Dinners feature a protein, starch, vegetable, tossed salad, bread and house-made desserts.
Mercy by the Sea makes every effort to ensure that all who dine with them experience the best in Mercy hospitality. We can provide
vegetarian, dairy-free and gluten-free options at meals with notification prior to arrival.
"We cannot change the wind but we can adjust the sails."
- Be awoken by the waves gently crashing on the shore and watch the sunrise from your private balcony.
- Induldge in the peaceful, quite moments as you are guided through your morning and evening meditations.
- Soak in the warm rays of sun and feel the ocean breeze.
- Practice yoga compassionately
- Stroll along the beach, journal or indulge in an afternoon catnap
- Take in a massage
- Make space for peace to set in and watch your stress melt away
- Enjoy inspiring, uplifting conversations and spontaneous laughter with women who just yesterday were strangers yet today may become lifelong friends
- Take home the support you need to live a deep, rich, meaningful life
Sometimes life becomes so busy that you may feel like you are on autopilot going from one task to the next without really choosing the way you want to experience your life.
Be Balanced By The Sea Retreat offers you the opportunity to slow down and to find peace and quiet in the midst of your over-scheduled very busy life. This pause will give you the opportunity to recharge and to refill your cup.
Providing you a quiet space for contemplation, which will set the stage for you to turn inward and have a light bulb moment or experience a transformation.
Experience the childlike joy of being creative without judgement and walk away with 3 little paintings that you are proud to say you created. Sequence painting is a mindful art that allows you to create beautiful pieces even if you don't consider yourself to be an artist. Enjoy time relaxing around the table and connect with other women as you engage in the process of SoulCollage ®.
This retreat will offer you a precious gift, the opportunity to pause, pivot and change the way you are experiencing your life right now!
Leave with a plan of action to create more balance and meaning in your life.
You will receive the tools and support to keep you on tract to live your life intentionally so that you can experience the deep, rich and meaningful life you so desire.
- Welcome gift upon arrival
- Seaside accomodations, double occupancy 2 nights stay at Seascape on the grounds of Mercy By The Sea (yes, there are 2 beds in the rooms).
- 2 delicious breakfasts (Saturday & Sunday)
- 2 fresh and yummy lunches (Saturday & Sunday)
- Daily snacks, coffee, tea and water throughout the day
- Opportunity to schedule a relaxing and amazing 45 minute massage with Sara for an additional fee
- Daily morning and evening meditations guided by Jen
- Daily afternoon gentle Yoga classes
- Daily art classes (sequence painting & collage)
- All art supplies, 3 beautiful little paintings that you can take home, frame and be proud of (even if you don't consider yourself an artist) in addition your beautiful collages!
- Powerful group coaching by Jen
- An action plan to create more balance in your life
What's not included
- Lunch Friday and Dinner Sunday are not included
- Other non-included items are tips for massage therapist, laundry, hair dryers
- Personal, medical or trip insurance.
Check-in is 4pm on Friday, June 26 however if you are scheduled for a
massage with Sara you can go directly to the main building for your scheduled appointment. Seascape check out will be 10 am on Sunday however the retreat will continue in the main building until 3pm on Sunday!
As the founder of The Fulfilling Life, Jennifer's mission is to inspire, guide and support individuals to create a deep, rich, meaningful life one moment at a time.
She uses her training as a Therapist, Certified Professional Coactive Coach, Certified Positive Psychology Coach, Certified Mindfulness Facilitator, Certified Chopra Center Meditation Teacher and Certified Kripalu Yoga Teacher, to support people on this important journey.
Jennifer's programs use positive psychology, mindfulness, creativity and self-compassion to navigate life's challenges while also allowing one to live a fulfilling life with no regrets.